Extra Extra! – Alaska Packaging Lumber, LLC
Alaska Packaging Lumber, LLC near the Port of Tacoma has a position available for a Facilities Manager who will be responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations including: production, quality control, maintenance, receiving, and shipping. Responsibilities also include hiring and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep. Will work closely with the production team to increase productivity and profitability within the operation of APL.
- Adheres to all company safety policies/procedures and understands P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Maintains productivity while working safely and dependably.
- Works effectively with other team members, and continues to improve and develop skills and knowledge.
- Maintain constant contact with all employees to ensure maximum efficiency and organization of facility.
- Remain flexible and maintain a positive, professional attitude which will carry over to all employees.
- Ensure loading and unloading is being recorded for all loads in an accurate manner.
- Provide each work station with a production sheet to monitor hourly output .
- Identify inefficiencies at each station. Also, identify your strengths to with help your future scheduling jobs.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- 5 to 6 years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of both.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and NAC background check. Operates a company-owned vehicle and cellular telephone, to transport self and others in performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to work well in under pressure circumstances
Schedule: Full-time. This position is salaried no set schedule
Wages & Benefits: DOE
Please Note: Alaska Packaging Lumber, LLC is also looking for:
- Labor Workers who will be cross-docking, repairing pallets, filling out and receiving load sheets. Will also be driving Forklift Machines and will need to be Certified. Company will provide certification training. Wages: $12-$15 per hour.
- An Office Administrator to schedule Vendors for drop off and pick up trailers, scan paperwork in and out, answer high volume calls, use googledocs and spreadsheets, and someone who works well with others in very stressful situations Wages: DOE
How To Apply: Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org