Extra Extra: U.S. Oil & Refining Co.
Located in Tacoma, WA, U.S. Oil & Refining Co. has supplied petroleum products for over 50 years. The company is seeking a Mechanical/Piping Designer to join their team of 16 other engineers/designers in the projects/engineering department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design refinery systems, large and small, to meet industry and safety standards.
- Work closely with engineers to develop 2D/3D piping & mechanical designs associated with refinery improvements.
- Prepare and issue construction packages; including bill of materials, plans and sections, isometrics, pipe support details, and P&ID drawings.
- Provide field supervision and support for maintenance and construction projects.
- Conduct equipment and piping inspections during construction and maintenance to ensure mechanical integrity.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate degree, technical trade school certification, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of piping & equipment layout design at industrial facilities; relevant work experience considered.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects under tight time constraints.
- Working knowledge of pipe, pipe fittings, valves, piping support, piping material specifications, pipe stress analysis and equipment installation.
- Field work experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Working knowledge in obtaining detailed field dimensions for fabrication and arrangement drawings.
- Working knowledge of requirements for incorporating safety, maintainability, and operation into designs.
- Good oral and written communication skills with an aptitude for mathematics.
- Needs to be a creative thinker with attention to detail and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong working knowledge with Windows & various Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD, release 2016 or newer.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Plant 3D and Navisworks; working with point clouds a plus.
$65,000.00 per year + depending on experience.