Extra Extra: City of Gig Harbor
Opening available for a Seasonal Worker with the City of Gig Harbor in Gig Harbor, WA!
The work involves physical manual labor while performing road repair, preventative maintenance and traffic control (flagging) tasks. Employees will operate a City vehicle and miscellaneous light equipment and practice good safety habits.
- Performs parks and grounds maintenance functions; cleaning restrooms, applying beauty bark, weeding landscaped areas, washing vehicles, preparing for painting, maintaining buildings.
- Cleans roadside ditches, culverts and catch basins.
- Assists in the maintenance of streets, sidewalks, water and storm system.
- Cutting brush, weeds, and bushes; planting, transplanting; weeding; maintain trees, shrubs and flower beds as directed.
- Mowing, raking, shoveling, pruning and using various hand tools.
- Performs flagging and traffic control.
- Assists in providing support to special events.
- Once trained, may operate tools needed to complete tasks.
- Once trained, may operate a wide variety of light equipment tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age; and
- High School Diploma or GED (or upon hire, if currently in High School); Valid driver license and satisfactory driving record.
- Hours: Full Time, with opportunity for overtime.
- Season: Mid-May through Mid-September
- Wage: DOE/DOQ
- Training will be provided to successful candidates