Extra Extra: Derouin Concrete Ltd.
Derouin Concrete Ltd. is a small family-owned company that does medium size structural, architectural, and decorative concrete around the Puget Sound. The company is seeking a Concrete Lead Foreman, a Concrete Laborer, and a Concrete Form Carpenter to join their team.
Requirements for all three positions include:
- Two+ years of experience in the industry.
- Hardworking team player willing to have fun while you work.
- Self-motivated with dependable transportation to job sites.
- Skilled in problem solving with a commitment to quality and performing work correctly the first time.
- Maintain good attendance and ability to consistently be on time as scheduled.
- Be in good physical shape and able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Provide own boots, rain gear and appropriate tools for job description.
- Be respectful of equipment, other coworkers, tradesmen, homeowners, and property.
- Be able to work long hours when necessary, with up to 40 per week, and overtime on occasion.
- Be drug free.
- Enjoy what you do, and don’t be afraid to teach, or learn.
Concrete Lead Foreman Duties
- Experience and ability to read and build off of plans.
- Capable of setting up deliveries, to include concrete, pump trucks, re-bar, materials, etc.
- Proficient in communicating at high level with other architects, contractors, the city, customers, etc.
- Qualified to oversee a 2-10 person crew efficiently (skilled and unskilled workers).
- Comfortable working ‘hands on’ while still maintaining quality of crew (not a ‘sit-in-truck’ supervisor).
- Experience with 3/4 and 1 1/8 forming systems.
- Competent in safe operation of all necessary power and air tools (e.g. roto hammer, jack hammer, circular saw) and have own bags and hand tools.
- Able to collaborate with office personnel regarding purchase orders, job phases, requirements and hours.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
Concrete Lead Foreman Wage $25.00 – $35.00 per hour, depending on experience and skill level.
Concrete Laborer Duties
- Able to work hard and fast when needed, especially during concrete pours.
- Capable of running wheelbarrows, carrying pump hoses, form panels, 2×4 material, etc.
- Able to shovel cement and mix, pour, and spread concrete, bend, form and tie rebar as directed by supervisor.
- Experienced with 3/4 and 1 1/8 forming systems and able to assist with building forms and performing layout for pouring concrete footings, slabs, stairs and walls (a plus if able to execute according to plans).
- Competent in safe operation of some power and air tools (e.g. roto hammer, jack hammer, circular saw) and have own bags and hand tools.
- Have “Johnny on the spot” attitude — if you can keep others busy, you’ll stay busy.
- Be willing to learn; the more you know, the more you make.
Concrete Laborer Wages $15.00 – $20.00 per hour, depending on experience and skill level.
Concrete Form Carpenter Duties
- Able to read plans.
- Experienced with 3/4 and 1 1/8 forming systems.
- Capable of building forms and performing layout for pouring concrete ftg’s, slabs, stairs and walls according to plan.
- Competent in safe operation of all necessary power and air tools (e.g. roto hammer, jack hammer, circular saw), and have own bags and hand tools.
Concrete Form Carpenter Wage $20.00 – $25.00 per hour, depending on experience and skill level.