Extra Extra: The REACH Center
The REACH Center is now recruiting for a Program Specialist for the Housing 4 Success program. Housing 4 Success (H4S) is a REACH Center program in Tacoma/Pierce County that serves youth and young adults aged 18-24 who are experiencing homelessness.
- Report on program progress to different audiences, including city and county officials, community partners, and internal case management team. Work may be done on e-Cimpact, TMHCD, ETO, and HMIS.
- Work with Accounting Assistant to provide Pierce County and City of Tacoma with monthly billing reports.
- Manage Homeless Management Information System for program, entering service transactions, completing data reports per Pierce County guidance, and informing case management team of any necessary changes and corrections to client profiles.
- Conduct quality assurance program, self-monitoring plan as assigned by supervisor.
- Request all rents, security deposits, and utility payments for clients. Once received, deliver checks to either in person or through mail.
- Manage credit card balance, letting know when the card is close to exceeding the limit, and providing receipts to Accounting Assistant.
- Collect paystubs for clients and calculate rental contributions for clients as needed and communicate with clients and case managers about any changes.
- As needed, request checks and/or reimbursement for ad-hoc supportive services.
Administrative Support for Client Services
- Manage background intake work, such as running background checks, credit checks, informing case management about clients’ track assessment results.
- Order monthly ORCA cards for clients, and purchase gift cards in bulk.
- Schedule World Vision Pick-up for REACH and Housing 4 Success, partnering with REACH General staff.
- Organize client files, maintaining documents, and creating binders for newly housed clients.
- Track and coordinate initial and annual Housing Quality Inspections.
- Maintain up-to-date information regarding tenant occupancy, move outs, and vacancies
- Attend community meetings, such weekly case management meetings, housing coalitions, system workgroups, and data administrative meetings as assigned.
- Support the planning and implementation of landlord appreciation events.
- Attend trainings, events, and functions that would help bring relevant knowledge to the H4S team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with property management companies; advocate on behalf of participants and Housing 4 Success program.
Experience Required and Desirable Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree highly desirable. Associate’s degree with a strong background of relevant skills and experience may substitute.
- Strong data management and analytical skills
- Experience and/or knowledge of transitional housing practices and homelessness issues
- Experience and/or knowledge of rapid re-housing practices
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Etc.)
- Experience using digital reporting databases
- Experience using Google Drive
- Knowledge of homelessness issues
- Passion for serving youth
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work with individuals of varying skills and backgrounds
- Ability to work as part of a team and adapt to changing needs, priorities, and timelines
- Flexibility and adaptability with work schedule, which includes some evenings
- Washington Drivers License and business-use vehicle insurance required by time of hire
$35,000 – $40,000, depending on skills and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Email a one-page cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: