Extra Extra: Pierce Transit
As a Relief Transit Operator, you will be a member of a very important team that is relied on to drive routes in the absence of the regular full-time operators. The work of the RTO ensures that the operation continues to run smoothly while the regular drivers are attending training, on temporary assignments, taking vacation or other leave, or away for other reasons.
- If selected from this recruitment, you must be available to attend full time, paid training, for a period of six (6) weeks.
- Relief Transit Operators are a critical role at Pierce Transit and the individuals selected must be available seven days a week.
- Schedules can change with little or no notice and will vary from day to day.
- Pierce Transit’s operating hours begin at 1:50 a.m. and continue until 1:06 a.m.
- Relief Transit Operators are expected to drive any shift and any route including nights, holidays, weekends, mornings, split shifts, and days off, if necessary.
$17.08 – $22.10/hr
How to Apply:
- To be considered, applicants must complete the online application to include any required attachments.
- To begin the application process, go to www.piercetransit.org/careers/
- You will see “For Current Employment Opportunities at Pierce Transit Click Here”
- Click on the job title to see the details of the open position and then click “Apply”
- See the Frequently Asked Questions section on the Pierce Transit Careers site to get additional information about the application system and process.
- To request accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact Julie Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org