Extra Extra: Shared Housing Services
Host Home Case Manager
Shared Housing Services, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, prides itself on its success of helping all community members, regardless of income, through its Home Sharing program by matching those who have a spare bedroom and shared living space with individuals and families in need of a safe and affordable place to live.
Mission: Connecting people and fostering independence through innovative and affordable housing, because everyone needs a place to call home.
Position Description: The Host Home Case Manager is responsible for providing case management services to youth and young adults ages 16 – 24 that are housed in Host Homes while participating in the Housing 4 Success (H4S) program. Case manager is expected to work closely with Host Home Program Manager and partnering agencies to ensure that H4S is meeting the needs of participants and meeting program benchmarks. Case manager is responsible for timely data reporting and file maintenance in accordance to program requirements and funder guidelines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide case management to approximately 15 – 20 participants housed in host homes. Case management will involve service plan development, monitoring, connection to appropriate community resources, program support services, follow up, tracking, conflict resolution, etc.
- Process youth applications and intake process for placement in host home in coordination with H4S collaborative agencies.
- Assist participants with completing lease/home sharing agreements.
- Assist participants in development of housing stability plan identifying immediate needs and realistic goals.
- Work closely with Host Home Manager, Home Provider, and participant to ensure that host home agreement and landlord/tenant housing laws are being adhered to. Provide advocacy and mediation when needed.
- Facilitate and coordinate supportive activities with partnering agencies, including educational needs, job readiness training, resume and interview preparation, attending job fairs and networking with prospective employers, etc.
- Maintain a thorough and complete record of each participant’s activity/progress towards successful graduation from program.
- Maintain in timely submission of reports, data entry, case notes, funder required data tracking, participant’s file, etc.
- Conduct community outreach and presentations promoting Host Home program and the agency.
- Attend all staff meetings and other meetings upon request.
- Assist with fund-raising activities and resource fairs for agency.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Verification of a Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, sociology, psychology, or a related field required.
- Experience providing services to low-income/no-income families and/or individuals.
- Experience and/or knowledge of working with youth experiencing homelessness and their vulnerabilities.
- High degree of emotional maturity and cultural competence, particularly as it relates to working with LGBTQ populations, people of color, and at-risk youth and young adults
- Ability to work with a diverse spectrum of high-need individuals and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and promote a positive team spirit.
- Excellent inter-personnel skills including oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license, automobile, and insurance.
- Knowledge of Pierce County social services and other community resources.
- Experience and/or knowledge of transitional and/or rapid rehousing practices.
- Strong data management and computer skills including Word, Excel, Google
- Holds a strong social, racial, gender, sexual orientation, and economic justice analysis and framework with demonstrated cultural responsiveness and are committed to recognizing and working on individual areas of privilege, oppression, and self-care.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs, priorities, and timelines.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org